SECRET Jun Hyosung Dreams Of Becoming Actress

Jun Hyosung Dreams Of Becoming Actress

SECRET's Jun Hyosung must feel like she's riding on cloud 9, since her dream is to become an actress. Lately she's been starring in OCN drama "Ghost Seeing Detective Cheo Yong," her first experience as an actress. She's stood on various stages as a singer, but hasn't had experience as an actress. And so she's been trying very hard to become a better actress and advance her acting.

Like Us on Facebook

The drama aired its first episode on February 9th, and is about a ghost seeing detective named Yoon Cheo Yong (played by Oh Ji Ho), who tries to solve the mysterious cases about urban legends. In the drama, Jun Hyosung takes the role of the ghost Han Na Young, who roams around the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. To a potentially grim story, Jun Hyosung brings a youthful vitality to the show. Although no one can hear her, her slapstick comments and youthfulness bring a smile to the viewer's face.

The drama is already at its 4th episode, and despite this being Jun Hyosung's first attempt at acting, she's been praised so far for her natural acting skills. In a time when so many idols are turning to acting, Jun Hyosung fortunately wasn't scrutinized for being a poor actress.

"It's a relief that I haven't been criticized for bad acting. Of course there are some with preconceived notions that say they don't want to watch a rookie actor, but I'm so thankful that the majority opinion is saying my acting isn't so bad for a first attempt. No matter how much I practice, there are some things that I'm still unfamiliar with. That's why I don't think it's bad that I'm starting out with a small role. "

She modestly states that it's a small role, but in the drama, Jun Hyosung's influence is great. She's one of the leading characters alongside Oh Ji Ho and Oh Ji Eun. As a ghost she borrows Oh Ji Eun's body. She works with Oh Ji Ho to solve cases. As the episodes progress, Jun Hyosung's presence is becoming a necessity in the show.

Han Na Young is a ghost, but she doesn't seem like a ghost.

"I like Na Young's character because she is in fact a ghost, but she doesn't seem like one. She's youthful and has a strong sense of justice. She can't stand seeing injustice. She's actually quite like me, haha. That's why I think my acting seems more natural. Moreover, there's a lot of pre-production for this drama, so I was able to be more prepared. You'll be able to see me improve as the episodes progress."

Jun Hyosung had her first taste of acting with this drama. It's different from daily dramas or weekly dramas in that there are only 10 episodes. However, even in this relatively short role Jun Hyosung was able to understand why so many singers are eager to act.

"Singing and acting are completely different fields, but there are similarities. Plus, acting has a different kind of influence. I used to only be able to express myself through song and dance. But with acting I'm able to elicit empathy, sadness, and even move the viewers through the script and acting. I really like that. That's why I've developed a greed for acting. I want to improve and develop step by step, and grow as an actress."

Jun Hyosung didn't conceal her desire to act. She honestly expressed that if the occasion arises, she won't pass it up. Even still, her number 1 concert is Secret.

"It's because Secret existed that I was able to star in this drama. They're also the reason I'm standing where I am today. Of course in my heart Secret will always be number 1. But now that I'm acting, I want to become successful as both a singer and an actress, and will try to find the right balance between the two."

Jun Hyosung then hinted at the possibility of a solo album this year. She doesn't want to give up singing or acting. It seems like Jun Hyosung will be having a very busy year.

Featured Video : FUTURE OF KARA

Source : kpopstarz[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment