Kim Jaejoong: “Idols will be blamed if they do rock?”


Kim Jaejoong is back with rock. Top idol Kim Jaejoong that the fan girls go wild for, chose rock as the genre of his first solo album, which is an issue in the music industry.

Kim Jaejoong, whose skill was acknowledged as a rock vocal through ‘It’s only my world’, ‘For you’, etc., shows other charm unlike in JYJ’s activities, in his mini-album ‘Mine’, with his husky and rough treble.

The public may feel uncomfortable about idols singing rock. As expected, in a recent interview with Newsen, Kim Jaejoong confessed, “I can’t help thinking about the public gaze.”

Kim Jaejoong said, “Therefore, I didn’t try to transform rock into something to fit myself. That’s also the reason why, rather than self-composed songs, I asked songs from Kim Bada sunbaenim of Sinawi and chose it as title track. Not only the songs, but the instrument playing and the vocal style were not of my existing style either. I tried to get rid of [old] habits. As I learned a new thing, it was a challenge itself.”

He expressed his desire, “I had to overcome that burden. With the help of really great musicians, the music of this album came out so wonderfully. The problem is whether I did digest rock music well. I hope that other people will also take it favorably.”

Kim Jaejoong added, “I think now people aren’t hostile toward idols doing rock like before. Rock and hip hop, rock and pop, isn’t what they want the popularization of rock music?”

Kim Jaejoong expressed his contentment on this challenge, “I think no one can dare to talk less of anyone who’s trying the rock genre, unless that person seriously ruins the genre. I didn’t think that I would get to work with such great seniors and received songs from them. I’m happy that, it’s just simply my favorite genre, but I received great support and was able to learn a lot.”



Source: Newsen
Translated by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ

Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment