Kim Jaejoong “Box office failure… Can I expect too much at first attempt?”




<Code name: Jackal> is the debut movie of JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong (26) but the box office result is not really good. He still has a long way to go. The movie was released on big screen on the 15th and cumulative audience number is 180.000. However, he is not disappointed and brightly smiles.

“It’s sad but it’s OK. You can’t expect too much at your first attempt. Even great actors can fail. I’m still thankful that I could get a foothold in film industry. Thanks to this movie, I have motivation to keep going with other movies.”

Toward his ‘messy’ image in <Code name: Jackal>, Kim Jaejoong doesn’t feel burdened or worried. “As many people like the ‘decorated’ image of mine, I did worry that it might hurt their feelings. However, there are also people who like that [messy] image. That’s why I could feel relieved. It’s just that, the tension and the pressure were still there because I’m the main lead.”

“I didn’t think about the box office while filming. Instead, I was worried about how singer-turn-actor Kim Jaejoong can harmonize naturally with other actors/actresses. I also wanted to show that I was taking on a new challenge, just like when I did <Protect the Boss> and <Dr. Jin>.”



I asked him if he has thought about the reason why JYJ is so famous. He said, “You know that we don’t have freedom [to do what we want to do]. We’re trying hard to do what we can within this unfair fence. I think, seeing such unfortunate situation, many more people are willing to help us. There should have had many ways for us to communicate with our fans but we’re limited. However [thanks to that] we got the concentration because we don’t have any place other than the concert venue. That’s why other people might think that we’re very famous.” (Laugh)

After breaking out of DBSK, their fight with SM Entertainment is still ongoing. Their appearance is blocked on both terrestrial and cable TV. Kim Jaejoong expressed, “I feel like we’re riding a wave of twists and turns.” In the middle of an immense popularity, they had experienced the bottom and then stood up again. “I think those experiences are fruitful. I’m looking forward to the future of 10 years later.”



Aside from music activities, JYJ’s members are expanding into the acting field. Although Kim Jaejoong has set foot in the film industry, it’s regrettable that his popularity is not like other members’. Does he envy his members? And what advice do the members give to each other?

“I don’t envy my members. I’m the type that is severe with myself. If you look at the bigger picture, this process is very helpful to me. Also, we respect and admire each other. So, we don’t give each other advice. We believe in our own abilities. I know that we’re not the type of person that can live comfortably without ambition. ‘Only if I have motivation, I can surely make it!’ I’m trying harder with that thought.” (Laugh)



One more year slips by and he will welcome his 10th debut anniversary. Kim Jaejoong said, “10 years ago, I have thought about 10 years later. Now that 10 years passed by, I think I’m on the path that I want to go.” He burst out laughing by saying jokingly, “I’m glad that, luckily, compared to 10 years ago, Junsu, Yoochun and I haven’t become old men.”


Credit:  StarToday
Translated by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ
Shared by: PrinceJJ
Please take out in accordance with our rules.



Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment