B1A4 - The motive to make new songs & what is being worked on … …!?


Vol. 12 The motive to make new songs & what is being worked on … …!?

  Q: “Oyasumi good night -Japanese ver.-” was written and composed by Jinyoung. Please tell us the details of the processes of making this song.
[Jinyoung] The melody of the song suddenly popped into my head when I was cutting my hair at the salon. I recorded it on my recorder and after we were finished with all of our schedules, I went to our practice room and immediately made it.

Q: Around when did you make this song?
[Jinyoung] When we were promoting our 2nd Korean mini album. It actually didn’t take that long, it probably took only a day to complete.


Q: That’s really fast! When you make the songs, do you think about how the members dance as well?
[Jinyoung] Yes. I think about B1A4 when I make the songs.
[Sandeul] Jinyoung hyung~~!
[Gongchan] That’s B1A4’s leader!
[Baro] I’m always thinking about B1A4 too!
[CNU & Gongchan] Me too.

Q: Wait, what about you Sandeul?
[Jinyoung] Sandeul isn’t (laugh).
[Sandeul] What are you saying~! My heart is filled with B1A4 even right now (closes his eyes and holds on to his chest).
[CNU] It doesn’t look like that’s genuine~
[Sandeul] Ah, you caught me (laugh)
[Jinyoung] What I said before was just a joke (laugh). Sandeul always thinks about B1A4 as well.
[Sandeul] (with a tearful voice) Leader~!


Q: Umm~ we were still in the middle of talking about the song making.
[Jinyoung] We were~. I think about how we look on stage and also about our performance when I make songs.

Q: That must be difficult.
[Jinyoung] I arrange the song according the performance I think about, but I also add in parts where we can just have fun. I get really excited just thinking about us singing and dancing together!
[Gongchan] I become excited too~!

Q: That’s great! And Baro always writes his raps, but when do you usually think about it?
[Baro] I usually think about it at around afternoon and evening. But I never know when I’ll get new ideas, so when I do get ideas, I make sure to write it down in my iPad. In relation, for “Oyasumi good night”, along with the theme of the song, I imagined a playboy and thought about “what would I do if I were in this situation?”


Q: By the way, what are the other members doing when Jinyoung and Baro are working on the song?
[CNU] We too, thinking about the concept of the song and write some of the lyrics.
[Baro] We also tell Jinyoung hyung about our ideas.

Q: Do you get an aura from Jinyoung where you can’t be near him?
[Baro] Ah~ yes we do (laugh). It’s not that Jinyoung hyung is radiating this aura, but when he’s making a song, he’s really concentrated and we’re usually not around him.

Q: So you consider the situation.
[Sandeul]I would really want to be by Jinyoung hyung all the time though.
[Jinyoung] But I wouldn’t be able to be with Sandeul all day (laugh).
[Sandeul] Why~
[Jinyoung] Because if I were with you then I would be laughing too much and I would be exhausted.

Q: Because Sandeul’s life is a sitcom!
[CNU] You would never get bored of being around him but.
[Jinyoung] But Baro also likes to play around so I don’t think I would be able to handle being around him all day either (laugh).
[Baro] That not true. On the contrary, aren’t you sad that we can’t play around when you’re making songs?
[Jinyoung] Yeah…… a little (laugh).
[Gongchan] But because he tolerated his sadness, he makes a wonderful song~
[Sandeul] When Jinyoung hyung is done with making the song, it seems like he lets me listen to it first. That reason, of course only he knows.


Q: Why?
[Sandeul] (forcibly interrupting) I will say that reason. It’s because I have the most trustworthy hearing and if I listen to it, then there’s no going wrong……right?
[Jinyoung] Umm~……
[Sandeul] Hey~ (laugh).
[Jinyoung] But since Sandeul is the main vocal, I do worry about if it is easy for him to sing or if the key is right.
[Sandeul] I knew it, Jinyoung hyung is always thinking about me!
[Jinyoung] Of course~ Not only Sandeul, but when I’m making a song, I probably think about the members a little more than usual (laugh).
[Baro] I’m at ease~ I write my rap while listening to Jinyoung hyung’s music.

Q: Baro’s rap also depends on Jinyoung’s music then.
[Baro] Yes! If Jinyoung hyung’s music isn’t good, then my rap isn’t going to be good either.
[Jinyoung] He is making it entirely my fault (laugh).
[CNU] In the end, if the two are not good, then our song as a whole isn’t complete (laugh).
[Gongchan] So please do your best for B1A4 you two~!


Q: What does Gongchan do in order for them to do their best?
[Gongchan] I wish “please make a good song~” like that (laugh). Also, like when Jinyoung hyung makes a new song, I try to improve myself to be able to show a new look with each release!

Q: That’s wonderful~! And as a result, B1A4 steps up to another level.
[CNU] If we can do that, then that would be great! Jinyoung, please work hard on your composing today as well!
[Jinyoung] Thanks~ I will make a good song for everyone! So please wait with anticipation!


source: ORICON
trans cr: kouko @ AVIATEB1A4

Source : dkpopnews[dot]net

No comments:

Post a Comment